The CAA Ed Mirvish Theatre opened in 1920 as a combination vaudeville and motion picture house and subsequently operated for over 50 years in various configurations as a cinema complex only. During the late 1980s the movie complex was gutted and rebuilt as a live performance theatre, with the lobby areas painstakingly restored to the original 1920s design. It reopened in 1989 as the Pantages Theatre with a production of The Phantom of the Opera, which went on to play there for 10 years. The theatre was renamed in honour of Ed Mirvish by his son David in 2011. And in September, 2021, Mirvish Productions signed a new 10-year partnership with CAA South Central Ontario that includes naming rights and the theatre became the CAA Ed Mirvish Theatre.